March 31, 2021
In this episode of PA Insights with NCCPA:
- (00:56) We chat with some of our PA Ambassadors about what they’re experiencing in practice as it relates to COVID-19, as well as their time in the NCCPA PA Ambassador program.
**The PA Ambassadors in this segment are Anne Walsh, PA-C, Jessica Dell'Aquila, PA-C (Instagram @pa.ssionatelife), Sharon Denson, PA-C, Bonita Hall, PA-C (Instagram @babydollbonita), David Abiva, Jr., PA-C, Jackie Edwards, PA-C (Instagram @_iamjackie), Julie Davis, PA-C (Instagram @juliedavispa), Rashada Jordan, PA-C (Instagram @dreamsinspirelife)**
- (50:48) We talk with NCCPA's Director of Research, Andrzej Kozikowski, and Research Analyst, Colette Jefferey, about demographic and workforce trends for Certified PAs in 23 specialties.
- (1:00:24) We address a couple common questions that PAs and students have (documentation for Category 2 CME credits; submitting PANCE/PANRE scores or certification verification to a state for licensing).
- (1:02:56) We share good news submitted to us by Morehouse School of Medicine PA Program: One of their students, Calbeth Alaribe, was one of the winners of the inaugural “MIT Hacking Racism in Health Care Challenge."
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
July 10, 2020
In this episode of PA Insights with NCCPA, you'll hear:
The NCCPA Research Department identify highlights in their 2019 Statistical Profile of Certified Physician Assistants.
A discussion with the nccPA Health Foundation on the impact PAs can have in the area of mental health as well as the grant dollars they have available for PAs to help treat mental illness and many other areas of health care in their communities.
Good News, including a PANRE Alternative Pilot passing standard update and an NCCPA Thank You to all PAs continuing to work harder than ever during this public health crisis and the ongoing protests for racial equality.
March 27, 2020
- Disciplinary review process (2:25)
- PA job market trends and job search tips (12:02)
- 2018 Statistical Profile of Certified PAs by State (20:36)
- Good news (28:28)
March 12, 2019
Good Day PAs! PA Insights with NCCPA debuts with a three-part episode covering NCCPA news and PA-related topics that matter to you. On this episode you'll find updates on:
- The Alternative to PANRE Pilot (1:09)
- AAPA/NCCPA Your PA Can promotional campaign (4:39)
- PA workforce news (5:40)
- Certified PA Kelby Parsons discusses her work as a cardiology PA (7:00)
- NCCPA blueprints for PANRE (16:06)
- Calendar of Events (22:52)
If you have any comments or feedback, please feel free to contact us at PR@nccpa.net. You can also download this episode of the podcast on your smartphone at Apple Podcasts and Google Music Play. Thanks for listening and we look forward to sharing more relevant updates with you next time!
October 16, 2018
Who develops NCCPA test items? How are they reviewed and critiqued to ensure they accurately measure what PAs need to know?
Get these answers and more in this episode of 5 Answers from NCCPA. Our Director of Psychometrics and Research Josh Goodman unveils some of the mystique surrounding how NCCPA exams are developed.
(Please note: References to test "item" and "form" are found in this description and throughout the recording. A test "item" refers to a test question and a "form" is a collection of test questions that we administer all at one time.)
June 28, 2018
In this episode of 5 Answers from NCCPA, Cindy Nalls, VP of Certification Maintenance, gives you the answers to the 5 most common questions our CME department receives. (Runtime - 05:30)
March 12, 2018
Should I enroll? How is it different from the traditional testing format? These questions and more answered in 5 minutes! To get more details, read more about the pilot here: https://www.nccpa.net/alternative-to-panre